Monday 20 June 2016

A book a week


I'm a big fan of bookshops. Or more specifically independent bookshops. So at the start of every week when i pop over to the other side of the Yarra i make a point of buying a book for the Little One and a book for myself.

These have been the latest acquisitions:

 



 





 


The 'What Do Grown-Ups Do All Day?' was a MASSIVE hit. Although she was disappointed there were no lawyers featured (there are a lot of lawyers on her dad's side of the family) but to read it's a bit clinical. 'Alan's Big Scary Teeth' has been quite fun to read. I get sick pretty quick of reading the same books over and over again but I haven't tired of this book yet and we've been reading it every night for the past week and a half.

I like to have a few books on the go at the same time. I had read Inga Simpson's 'Nest' so I was keen to read her latest. And Heidi Julavits's 'The Folded Clock' will be keeping me company on the bus to and from training. I picked it up a few weeks ago and read a few pages thinking it probably wasn't for me but they stuck with me so i knew I would enjoy it and want to savour it.

No comments:

Post a Comment